The final part of the path to Paradise involves us giving up our sins; after this we will reach the gates of Paradise and enter it, in sha' Allah. In order to renounce our sins, we must take care in the following areas:
1. Thoughts: We should not think of anything which is harmful, evil or corrupt...
2. Hearing: We should not listen to any of the following forms of falsehood: sinful talk, swearing, lies, music, backbiting, slander, obscene language, or Kufr (blasphemy, profanity).
http://systemoflife.com/backup/plugins/editors/jce/tiny_mce/plugins/article/img/readmore.gif); ">3. Sight: We should not let our sight roam freely and look at that which is not permitted to gaze upon, namely the woman who is a stranger of non-Mahram, whether she is Muslim or non-Muslim, of good morals or otherwise.
4. Speech: We should not utter bad language or obscenities, or tell lies, or bear false witness, or backbite or slander, or insult or abuse others.
5. Stomachs: We should not let any Haram (forbidden) food or drink to enter our stomach; we should not earn our living from Riba (usury, interest); we should not eat carrion or pork; we should not drink intoxicating liquor, and we should not smoke any form of tobacco.
6. Private parts: We should not have sexual intercourse with anyone except our lawful wives, or the concubines whom Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala) has made permissible.
7. Hands: We should not harm anyone, by beating or killing them; we should not take Haram earnings; we should not gamble; and we should not write false documents or anything which goes against Islam.
8. Legs: We should not walk towards vain and idle activities, or hasten to commit acts of corruption and evil.
9. Promises, trusts and acts of witness: We should not break our promises, violate our agreements, go back on our word, give false testimony or betray our trust.
10. Wealth: We should not be extravagant or waste our wealth; nor should we neglect to take care of it; we should not leave our wealth without trying to invest it in good.
11. Family and children: We should take care of their physical, mental and moral welfare, and ensure that their faith and beliefs are sound. We should defend them against anything that may damage their hearts and minds, and protect them from anything which could destroy them or lead to their ultimate doom in Hell.
This is the way to Paradise, so let us be prepared to put it into practice in our own lives. We cannot do this without sound knowledge based on the Book of Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala) and the Sunnah of His Prophet (sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam).